I love San Diego, I was just there in April. There are many great things about the city: the weather, the zoo, most importantly it's the birthplace of my dear friend Ski! Adam didn't get to really enjoy any of those things while he was there, but he did get the most important thing: a victory!
UC football is now 5-0 and ranked #20 in the country. They have their biggest challenge next Saturday against Rutgers. Rutgers was in the top 10, but fell to #21 after loosing to Maryland. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN2 so be sure to check it out.
As part of the success of the team, I have become even more popular at work. Not even people wanting tickets, people generally just want to share their excitement about the team. Although that is the one downside of all this attention. It's great that the games are sold out, but it used to be I could get enough tickets for myself and some friends, however, now I am only guaranteed a ticket for me. If it gets to the point where I can't get a ticket, then we have some issues.
Other than football, I've been keeping busy with work, school, and studying for the series 7. The only good thing about taking on all of this is that Adam is busy with football so I wouldn't be seeing him a lot anyways.
I also wanted to share a cute story about our nephew Luke, who might be the cutest kid ever (of course currently tied with his sister Olivia, and brother Mason). Luke has always been a big fan of his Uncle Adam, he would even call him "da da" when he was a baby. Last week his mom was driving with him past a local high school where they were having football practice and Luke said "I love to tackle Uncle Adam". Apparently the last time we were in Chicago in July they were playing around tackling each other. Apparently Adam is REALLY out of shape now that a 2 year old can tackle him! I'm hoping to get some more video of Luke the next time I see him since he has become a popular feature on the blog....this time no more sideways video!
GO Bearcats!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out Red-Dawg! San Diego rocks the house but I am glad they beat the Aztecs. Good luck to the Bearcats...beat Rutgers!!!
Post a Comment