Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 7, 2010

Pregnancy Scare

Before you start to panic, both the baby and myself are fine but we did have a little scare. Tuesday I fell off the deck. It's Daisy's fault because I was pulling her in for the night and she saw a rabbit and bolted while I was standing on the deck and next thing I know I had fallen on the ground (the deck has 3 steps up to it). I landed on my right side since I was holding her leash with my right hand that was the side that got tugged down first. After I fell, Daisy came right up to me and started licking my face...she knew she was in trouble.


The worse part is that Adam was out of town, out of the country in fact. He was in Canada recruiting. Of course I called him and asked him if I should go to the hospital and he asked a bunch of questions and concluded that I didn't fall far, didn't land on my stomach and I could still feel the baby moving so I was probably fine.


I went to bed but couldn't sleep because I was so worried so the next morning I called the OB's office to come in and get things checked out just to be on the safe side and to ease my worrying mind. I went in and they said the baby's heartbeat is still strong but during the course of the exam they discovered that I am already dilated and I'm only at 29 weeks. This would have nothing to do with the fall, but they wanted me to go to the hospital to be monitored just to be sure I'm not heading into pre-term labor. Well now I'm freaking out even more!


I went to the hospital and they hooked me up to a machine to monitor the baby's heartbeat and to see if I was having contractions. The baby did not like being hooked up to the machines! While the heartbeat was still strong the baby was kicking the hell out of me the entire time! The doctor said I did have some small contractions but nothing major (I didn't feel them at all) and the did an ultrasound to measure my cervix and while I was dilated my cervix was still long (which apparently is better than being short). All in all, they weren't concerned about me going into pre-term labor anytime real soon but the OB is going to keep an eye on it so I have to go again next week and then the following week for my normal pre-natal appointment. From then on I am going every 2 weeks anyways. I'm glad that everything is okay, I was so worried. It's amazing how much you love someone you've never met, isn't it? I guess I had better get used to worrying about the baby because I know I will worry about it until the day I die. Baby---if you are reading this someday in the future please go easy on your poor mother!

I am glad Adam will be home all of next week so I can kick back and relax. I've already started making a list of things for him to do:) Hey, I've only got a few more months of pregnancy that I can milk him for so I plan on taking full advantage!!

1 comment:

Allie said...

I'm so glad you both are ok! Take it easy!