Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 14, 2010

Niagara Falls and 35 week belly

Well it doesn't seem that long ago that I was only about 4 weeks pregnant and now I'm at 35! On the one hand I am VERY excited to meet my new baby and to get my body back, on the other hand soon Adam and I will be responsible for an entire person!! Aside from feeling huge and getting worn out easily I feel fairly good. I've had a little bit of heartburn and have swollen a little bit, I can't wear my rings now but I don't have cankles so I can't complain.

We recently had a trial run with Daisy and an infant. She's been around infants before, but not recently. On Friday some friends came over for dinner and they have a super cute 3 month old little boy. Daisy did pretty well, the biggest thing is that she wouldn't stop sniffing and licking him. Luckily he has two dogs of his own so he didn't seem to mind too much. I think she did get a little jealous when I was holding him and not paying attention to her. She had better get used to that!

Here is the anticipated 35 week Shamu....oops I mean belly shot:

Memorial Weekend Adam and I wanted a quick getaway. At this point I don't want to travel too far so we did the 20 minute drive to the Canadian Niagara Falls. There was a longer than normal line to get into Canada but it wasn't too bad. Once we got there it was a little crowded, but again not too bad. We had some Chinese dim sum which I hadn't had in a long time and Adam had never had. It was yummy!

One good thing about living so close to the falls, or any interesting place is that when you get tired you can just go home and not feel like you need to get all your sightseeing in. Surprise, surprise preggo Michelle's feet got tired and swollen so we headed home. We didn't do the maid of the mist but that is for next time.

Adam and I with Niagara Falls and the USA in the background.


Baby Shorter's first trip to Niagara Falls. Belly shot at 33 weeks with the Horseshoe Falls in the background.

Adam and I at the Niagara River, we took a sky car across and back across the River. While on the car we crossed the US/Canada border twice.

A fun trip to the falls and a great way to change up the same 'ol routine.

1 comment:

Allie said...

You're so cute! You do realize in 1 week you will be more pregnant than I ever was! I can't wait to see pictures and meet Baby Shorter! I feel like you just called to tell me that you were prego!