Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 7, 2007

I have the best husband!

I just have to say, that I married the most wonderful man in the world! There will be a time when I'll be mad at him and he's going to direct me to this post, but I really did marry a wonderful man.

As you all know, I love animals and I always want to help them whenever I can. I especially LOVE dogs and can't wait to be done with grad school so I can get another one. Anyway, I'm not really a big fan of cats though, I just don't find them as lovable as dogs. Well this morning I'm getting ready to go to work, I'm in my car when I realize that I forgot my cell phone so I go back to the apartment to get it when a kitten comes out of the bushes. She really scared me and I kind of walked away from her, but she followed me and rubbed up against my leg. She then tried to follow me inside but I kept her out and got my phone. Well she was there when I came out, rubbing against my leg....and I just couldn't leave the little kitten there to fend for herself so I brought her upstairs, cleared the bathroom out and left an old towel and a dish of milk for her.

In case you didn't know, Adam was in New Jersey last night beating Rutgers!! He didn't fly into Cincinnati until around 4:30am or so and went straight to the office. He then gets a call from me asking him if he would take the kitten to a shelter because I couldn't just leave her outside. He must have been thinking that "this girl is nuts"! He asked the coaches if they wanted a kitten and when they asked why, he told him and they all laughed at him.

Instead of coming home and taking a long nap like he wanted to and deserved, my husband called animal shelters and took the kitten to one that is run by these cat ladies and is attached to their house. Adam had to admit that this was a pretty affectionate kitten because she was rubbing and cuddling against his neck and he could see why she was able to sucker me. The cat ladies were reluctant to take her due to room, but he bribed them with $20 so they took her. I think she will be easy to adopt because she is still young and so affectionate. Poor Adam, the kitten even pooped in his car on the way to the shelter. After that, Adam went to work to prepare for Louisville.....that is why I have the best husband ever! Who else would tolerate my animal saving ways and sacrifice some must deserved sleep!

Overall I am having a great football season. The Bearcats and the Indianapolis Colts are undefeated....even my Indiana Hoosiers are 5-1! This is shaping up to be the best football season ever! As far as UC football, they beat Rutgers!! They are now ranked #15 in the country according to the AP poll and #17 according to the USA today poll. Anyone who watched the game last night knows how close it was but the Bearcats managed to pull through!!

No comments: