Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacation in Maine

The week of July 4th, Adam and I took a vacation to Maine. We were stayed at his dad's place there with his brother Fritz and his family and Adam's dad. Our niece and nephews were there. Olivia celebrated her 5th birthday while we were out there. Luke is 2, almost 3 years old and Mason turned 1 in May. The kids have a lot of energy but are very fun!

One day Adam, Fritz, their dad Fred, Olivia, and Luke went fishing. Olivia caught the biggest fish while Luke caught some small ones and poor Uncle Adam caught no fish. Not to be outdone by a 5 and 2 year old, Adam and his dad went fishing later after the kids left and Adam caught a 7 lb small mouth bass. He was very proud of himself.

The kids enjoyed catching crabs off the dock....rather, they enjoyed watching their mom and I catch crabs. We put them in a bucket for the kids to watch for the day and then set them free after dinner. I also enjoyed shaking the bucket and watching them move around.These aren't the type of crabs you eat, they're pretty small but fun to catch and watch.

Adam, Fred, and I watched the kids for a night while their parents went out for a much deserved evening alone. They were rushed out the door so they didn't have time to get the kids ready for being left alone so Luke was upset. Luckily it was nothing that a cookie and watching football highlights couldn't take care of. He actually fell asleep after the third time of watching the highlight video.

Here are some pictures and videos of our trip:

Adam and Mason on the deck of the house

Luke is making his tough football player face. You don't want to see that rushing at you!

Adam, along with his dad and brother at Pemaquid Point


Adam and I with Olivia and Luke. We sure do look like we're ready for kids don't we?


This is one of my favorite photos from the trip. This is Adam and Olivia on the boat. I think Adam looks so sweet and cute with his niece.


Olivia is taking tennis lessons, which is great since I LOVE playing tennis. Here she is showing off some of her tennis skills. She'll be ready for Wimbledon is a couple of years.


Here is Mason having a great time with the chair. He only says a couple of words and one of them is "yee haw". You can hear him "yee hawing" and having a great time.





Another word he can say is "jump" and he loves to jump! Some of you may remember from our wedding how much Luke liked to jump around ,so I guess it's hereditary. While Mason isn't walking just yet, but he's got jumping down!


The video of Luke explaining football wouldn't load so I will post that on a later post.

Tomorrow Adam and I are going to New Orleans, or as they say down here "nawlans". He's working a one day football camp and the camp is paying for his gas and hotel as well as a stipend. We had talked about taking a couple of days to go to the coast just to relax after the move and before football starts and this seemed like a good and inexpensive way to do just that.


One a side note, I got Adam a Nintendo wii for his birthday and now he has wireless internet to hook the wii up to and has been playing non-stop. Since he doesn't play video games that often, I am not too upset. I actually enjoy playing some of the wii games. I kicked his butt in wii bowling but loss in both wii baseball and tennis. It looks like I need to practice and get better!


I will update more about the move and life in Mississippi later, but for now I am blogged out!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Wow Red-Dawg, you guys look like naturals with the kids. is there an Auntie Ski in the future? :)