Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Babies and Puppies

Now, we don't have any babies, but I think there are some definite similarities between babies and puppies. I was thinking about one in particular today. Daisy has been pretty good at housebreaking, for the most part now she sits by the door and cries when she needs to go out. We had just been letting her go outside without a leash because she would stay close. As she is getting older she is wondering further away. Today I decided that when she goes out to potty she needs to be on a leash from now on. She hates her leash, she struggles to try and get out of it or she just lays down on the ground. She is stubborn and would refuse to potty with the leash on even though I knew she had to go. I was trying to win the battle of wills and not let her off the leash to potty, but eventually I just got too hot in the 90 degree sun and gave in and let her off to potty. Current score, Michelle: 0, Daisy: 1.

The reason this made me think of babies is because I love Daisy, and she brings joy to Adam and I , but while we were outside and she was being stubborn she drove me nuts. Isn't that just like kids? You love them, but sometimes they drive you completely insane! We are going to try again later when it's cooler outside. Another similarity is that I greatly enjoy it when she takes naps because that means I can get stuff done. Although one big difference between babies and puppies is that you are likely to get your baby taken away if you put them in a crate while you go to the gym.

Another picture of Daisy, wondering what I'm doing instead of playing with her.



Daisy just woke up from sleeping in her dog bed. The dog bed will be her permanent bed once she's fully housebroken (right now she sleeps in her crate most of the time)

Below are two videos of Daisy and her treats. There is one treat in particular that causes her to go nuts. It's just a regular Milkbone dog biscuit but there's always some fanfare when she gets one. She eats the other treats I give her normally so I don't know why the milkbones cause a show. Maybe they are laced with narcotics or something. Once time she barked at it and stalked and pounced it like a lion stalking a gazelle. Naturally by the time I got my camera she had stopped and I took these videos on future attempts.

This one, she seems to think eating a treat and dancing around go hand-in-hand.

This one she sort of does the barking and stalking thing I was talking about but not for as long as she did the other time.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Our baby-dog similarities: Homer gets us up every 3 hours in the night to pee, babies get up every 3 hours to feed. Homer wets his bed and needs a bath and linene change, kids wet their bed and need a cleanup on aisle 12 as well. I swear sometimes I think Homer does his stuff on purpose to get us trained for when Baby Margulious arrives!

Daisy is super cute, I love her little belly!