Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Time

This week Adam and I carved our first ever pumpkin. Even though we have been married for 2 Halloweens, between grad school and football season we just never got the chance to carve on. We also never got a lot of Trick-or-Treaters but we think that will change this year since kids knock on our door on a regular basis to play with Daisy. So we decided to get a pumpkin.

When we were kids, my dad would have us draw what we wanted our pumpkin faces to look like and then he would draw it on the pumpkin and carve it. Adam and I aren't that creative so I bought some stencils and we (and by "we" I mean Adam) traced the stencil and carved the design.

Here is Adam working on his masterpiece.



Here is our pumpkin design in candlelight. They are 4 ghosts.


The Alcorn State Braves lost this week against Texas Southern. It was a tough loss because they lost by 1 point and the game-winning 45 yard field goal went wide left. Already everyone is busy preparing for the next game against Alabama State.

One piece of good news is that Adam will be able to spend Thanksgiving with his family for the first time in 8 years!!! Alcorn ends their season the weekend before Thanksgiving and when Adam played and coached at Cincinnati, their season went into December, so he hasn't spent Thanksgiving with his family since high school. They past few years, my family has come and spent Thanksgiving with us (he usually puts in half a day on Thanksgiving so he comes home for dinner) but he is excited to actually go back to Indianapolis for the holiday. I am excited to go back and do some shopping in a real city!

2 comments:

Allie said...

You got one up on me Red-Dawg. I bought a pumpkin but it's still not carved!

Nathan said...

Sweet! Welcome back to the midwest and don't forget to bring your coat!