Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Girls weekend and 30th birthday

First of all I want to say that Adam is the best husband ever! He planned a great 30th birthday party with all my friends and gave me everything I asked for for my birthday which ended up being a lot. I milked by 30th birthday for everything I could get:)

I was lucky that my 30th birthday fell at the same time as our ADPi pledge class reunion. We went out to a favorite Indy hangout, the Rathskeller, and enjoyed the bier garden and live music until the storm rolled though. We crammed our way inside until the storm passed (it was a pretty bad storm, the wind so so bad it was blowing beer bottles off of tables). I can't believe that we've been friends for over 10 years. The time has really flown by, but I'm so glad I became an ADPi and made all of these wonderful friendships that exist 10 years later.

The BA chapter of ADPi pledge class of 1998


Even Jess Avery came into town all the way from Canada (okay, she mostly came to spend father's day with her dad, but she still stopped by)

Adam and my mom threw a cookout at my parent's house. It was intimate and low key, exactly what I wanted! Since I don't get to see my friends that much I wanted to be able to spend time with them and be able to bring their kids. The kids (Maggie, Annabel, and Joshua are all between 1-2 years and Tyler is about 8) had a blast playing in the cooler. We had a couple of coolers with lids and one without one and the kids loved nothing more than play in the ice and water. Cheap entertainment for them!
Here are Jolie, Malissa and I. Jolie brought her new boyfriend who is really nice and even lived in Taiwan for a year. My mom and him had a lot to talk about.

In addition to playing in the ice, the little kids loved to dance to the music. They all have great moves. In particular, I think Annabel gets her dancing skills from her mom...definitely:)


When Leah and Maggie were leaving, Maggie was giving everyone a goodbye hug and kiss (so sweet). Even her former enemy Joshua (they were fighting over a chair, typical little kid stuff) got a goodbye kiss. Maggie really landed one on him. I'm so glad I got a picture of this, I think it's so cute!!

After the kiddies went to bed the grown-ups got to go out. I wasn't sure where people should go when they turn 30, I just knew Broad Ripple is where you go when you turn 21 and I was not into going there. Malissa suggested LuLu's and it was much more of my type of scene complete with comfy couches and chairs. When you're married and 30, those are the types of things you look for:)
Woody and I enjoy the couches and, of course, each other's company.

Malissa and I at LuLu's. Adam spent most of the night talking to Nate about the quirks of Woody and I. Since he was so good that weekend, he deserved some male bonding time.


No comments: