Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 26, 2009

So much to update!

Hello! There is so much to update. We've been doing so much, I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and update the blog. It seems a little overwhelming so I may just do it in sections but I am determined to catch up! It appears the last update was from my 30th birthday. I've been 30 for about a month now and don't really feel that different than I did before, I actually feel immature for 30 (do people in their 30s go see Harry Potter on opening weekend?).

After getting back from Indy, we took Daisy to a year-round dog friendly beach. It was a good time but it would have been more fun if it weren't for the stupid horse flies that bit you! Daisy had a great time digging in the sand and playing in the water. She was a little unsure of it at first, when the waves went out she got closer and then she would run away when the waves came crashing back. Eventually she got braves and got in the water.


Adam and Daisy at the beach


For the 4th of July we went to Cape May, NJ. We took the ferry over from Lewes, Delaware which is about 30 minutes from where we live. The ferry ride is a little over an hour so we packed our lunch and ate it on the ferry to save some money so we could splurge on dinner. Cape May is America's first beach resort and it definitely looks like what a beach resort down should be; a lot of the buildings are old Victorian style. There aren't any big chain hotels here, it's a lot of bed and breakfasts and independent Inns. There is also a cute pedestrian street with a lot of shops and restaurants.

Me in front of the pedestrian street with all the shops.

Adam in Cape May...in case you couldn't tell.


The largest Inn in town, I think it's called Congress Hall or something like that.

On the boardwalk. I thought it was really cute to have an old fashioned looking arcade on the boardwalk, complete with skee ball!

Adam and I took a trolley tour of town. We are planning on coming back in winter time when the homes have their Christmas decorations up.

That's it for now. Keep posted for updates of our trip to New York and DC! Eventually I'll catch up on all my updates!

No comments: