I went to my new doctor in New York for my last appointment and Adam came with me. They decided to do an ultrasound later in the day but Adam had a team meeting with his players and since the ultrasound was last minute he couldn't go. We were both bummed he couldn't make the best appointment!
The good news is that so far everything looks great with the baby. Its organs and development is right where it should be. The ultrasound tech as me how tall Adam was and when I told her he is 6'5 she said that she could tell he is tall because the baby has long legs and arms! As long as she doesn't say that baby has a really large head I'll be okay:)
After the ultrasound I went back to Adam's office and told him the gender and showed him the ultrasound photos. I didn't get emotional during the ultrasound ,but when I told him the gender of the baby I started to cry. I blame hormones. Needless to say we are very excited, although we would have been excited with either a boy or a girl.
Now here are the photos!
Pretty typical ultrasound view. Baby Shorter looks pretty cozy in there. I haven't been able to feel it move yet but it should be any week now.

Baby Shorter likes to stick its hands in its mouth and face. The ultrasound tech kept commenting on how she couldn't get a good view of everything because of that. I guess Baby Shorter has nothing else to do right now.

Now the 3D pictures. Honestly, it's exciting to see the baby, but it looks a little alien-like. I am sure once the baby develops more it will look a lot better. Even if it doesn't I will love it no matter what!

This is the best view of the baby's face. Adam's step-mom thinks it looks like me, but my parents think it looks like Adam. I think it looks more like Adam....if he had a baby with an alien:)

We can't wait for the baby to get here! Although we are nowhere near ready for it, unless babies can sleep in dog crates:) I am ordering the crib and furniture this weekend. We want to get it before we move because Delaware has no sales tax which can add up when you're buying an entire bedroom set! I also hit the clearance rack at target today and bought some cute baby clothes. One outfit the baby won't be able to wear until it's 2 but when it does, it's going to look cute!
2 comments:
Ah so excited for you guys. Baby Shorter is already adorable! This is going to be hard pretending I don't know the gender! :)
It's just limited to the blog. My dad doesn't use facebook so you can refer to it's gender all you want on there. My mom knows, but my dad just wants to be surprised.
Post a Comment