Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 2, 2010

A trip to the great white north

So I forgot to post about our trip to Canada. Adam was home for most of July and with football season coming up we decided to take a day trip to one of the destinations on our "Buffalo area to-see list". We had heard that Niagara-on-the-Lake just over the boarder in Canada was a really nice place to walk around and do some wine-tasting at the vineyards. Since Adam and I both have passports and all Audrey needed was a birth certificate across the border we went!


The border guard going into Canada thought we were a little suspicious taking a one month old baby across the border but it was a nice day and we all wanted to get out of the house. We got to Niagara-on-the-Lake and it was really cute. We went during the work day to hopefully avoid a lot of the tourists. There were still busloads of people but it wasn't too bad. I didn't take a lot of photos since I had left my memory card in the computer and my camera's internal memory doesn't hold very many photos. We didn't do anything really exciting but it was nice to walk around the shops and look at the old buildings.


We also walked down to Lake Ontario to enjoy the cool breeze by the water. We were planning on stopping at one of the many beautiful vineyards in the area for wine tasting but our time bomb, Audrey did not hold-up so we headed home. I have no doubt we'll be back since it was only 30-40 minutes from our house.


Audrey and I on Lake Ontario. Such a nice day!




I needed a picture with Audrey and something indicating she was in Canada so I can show her what a worldly traveler she is at such a young age (I hope she gets her mommy's love of traveling). Not the best picture but it does the job.


No comments: