Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 9, 2010

Buffalo Football Fun

Whew! Quick update the blog while Audrey is sleeping! She is going through a "I only want to sleep while being held" phase. It wasn't that bad when Adam was home, but now that he's back to work and working his crazy football camp schedule it's wearing me out! I need to train Daisy to hold the baby.

The past couple of weeks have been busy with activities for the Buffalo Football Family. I can't remember if I've already posted this (I'm lucky I remember to shower most days), but Audrey is one of 3 babies on the Buffalo football coaching staff that was born in June. Actually all 3 babies were born the same week! Maybe that is why Audrey came early, she didn't want to be left out of the June baby bonanza.

The first event was the Women's Football 101 to benefit the Breast Cancer Network of Western NY. This is the first year for the event and it was an awesome turnout! There were more than 100 women registered for the event. Better yet, I made it through the whole event! Audrey only woke up to be fed during the on the field drills, which I had planned on skipping anyways.

Audrey with the Buffalo mascot Victor E. Bull. Not a great photo of her face, but I promise it's her and I'll get better ones as the season goes on.


Audrey again with one of boyfriends, Cole. They have very similar interests right now.



Audrey at the stadium, she is pumped for when the stadium is packed for the game. The first game is against Rhode Island on September 2nd. Audrey and I will be missing that game because we are heading back to Indy for Malissa and Wayne's wedding. Since I've known Malissa longer than Adam her wedding trumps Adam's game:)


Adam taught the women at the clinic all about the offense. We're biased but we thought Adam did a great job!



The following weekend we had a pre-football season cookout at home of the Quinns. It was a great day and tons of great food. Did you expect anything less at an event that involved football coaches? Coach Quinn also got to share his "toys" with some of his friends. I'm not sure who enjoyed themselves more, Coach Quinn or the kids. In the next couple of years I'm sure Audrey will want to ride also.



The football team had a recruiting event that the football families got to attend. It was great to meet some of the recruits and their families. It was also great to see the football locker room which I had never seen before for obvious reasons. Here is Audrey and I in the locker room. She's got a couple of years before she'll be able to fit into that helmet!



Some more of the Buffalo football babies. On the far right is Cole, who has been mentioned before and the middle is Bryce. He is lucky enough to share my birthday, June 18th. Funny enough, Cole's mom Beth shares Audrey's birthday of June 16th. June is the month that all the cool people have their birthdays:)


The last event which I didn't get a very good picture at was the Football kickoff luncheon. The keynote speaker was Desmond Howard which I actually recognized from the College football show on ESPN that Adam watches everyday. I guess he just can't get enough of it! Audrey had to hang out in the babysitting room. It was nice to have a nice lunch with Adam and our friends without anybody fussing. Although, I'm still a first-time mom so I had to go to the babysitting room twice just to check on her.
Other than our football activities I haven't done much else. I'll post some more Audrey pictures in the next couple of days. She's slept so far for this post, but I'm not going to try my luck and hope she sleeps for the next one so I'll wait until tomorrow.

No comments: