Since there isn't anything new going on with me and everyone wants to know what Adam is up to, here is an Adam update:
Last week he went to Memphis for the big Tennessee vs. Memphis game (the # 1 team in the country vs. #2 team). One of the coaches on the staff with him has a brother who coaches for Tennessee, which is how he managed to go to the BIG game of the year. He said it was a really good time, although they were in enemy territory as Tennessee fans. Tennessee won which was good for Adam and good for all Hoosier basketball fans since up to that point, Memphis was undefeated. We can now sleep peacefully knowing that the last men's college basketball team to go undefeated is still the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers.
Adam says it was great to be in a city! After being on campus for awhile, he was happy to have so many options on places to eat and things to do.
In one week, he moves into his new apartment. He got an apartment on campus until June or so. It's a two bedroom apartment he's sharing with another coach, Coach Majors. Coach Majors' wife is pregnant and due in June so she's not moving to Mississippi until she has the baby. This works out well since I'll probably be moving there in June as well. The apartment will cost them $150 each a month and since it's on campus the gas will be cheap as well. When I move there in June, we'll probably sign a 6 month lease in case a new opportunity comes up.
Adam is going to Texas next week for a "One-back Clinic", I won't go into details on what that is but it took him a couple of minutes to explain it to me....let's just say boring football stuff.
I do have one interesting thing that is new with me. Last Saturday my friend Amy (a sorority sister from IU) and I went to the IU basketball game watching party with the IU alumni association. I guess I need to rewind a little bit for the whole story...back in the fall our friends Jennifer and Nate came for one of Adam's football games. Afterwards we went to eat at restaurant down the street, while we were waiting for a table there was a couple there and the girl has on IU socks, so naturally I asked her if she went to IU and she did. We talked about IU stuff for a little bit and then our table was ready. A couple of months later at the IU-Kentucky basketball watching party with the IU alumni association, she was there and we talked again. Okay, now we're back to last week, Amy is talking to her and finds out that she not only went to IU but that she was an Alpha Delta Pi at IU! She happened to be in the pledge class I missed between graduation and when I started advising, but we knew all the same people. It's really a small world.
1 comment:
What??? There are no cool new pictures of Luke, Olivia, or Mason. What's the deal. I find it hard to beleive that you don't have any pictures of yourself to add at least. It is cool though, I still love you.
Adam
Post a Comment