First of all, it really wasn't my fault. What happened was I made some microwave popcorn that wasn't even burnt! I stood there and listened to it pop until it had reached the perfect state of popness. I also must mention that our microwave is gross and filled with yucky food particles.
I had just begun enjoying my popcorn when the fire alarm went off so we had to evacuate the building and naturally I took my popcorn with me. As I stood outside some people accused my popcorn of setting off the alarm, but agreed that the popcorn wasn't burnt. After waiting outside for a little bit, I decided to go to lunch with some co-workers. While at lunch, I received a call that the Fire Marshall was there and had traced the fire alarm to the room in which I had heated my popcorn and he needed to talk to me for his police report.
By the time I had returned, somehow EVERYONE knew about me and my popcorn which was partly funny, but partly frustrating because I did make popcorn but I didn't burn it or anything. After talking to the fire chief, he did say it was likely simply the steam from the popcorn set it off and that the microwave did need to be cleaned out (which there is no way I'm doing).
I have a feeling now that I'm always going to be that girl with the popcorn that set off the fire alarm.
2 comments:
Dude, that is hilarious!!! It's like one of those Southwest commercials "wanna get away?" Hey you always have Mississippi!
Michelle started the Fire
Way to go Ryan the Temp!
Post a Comment