Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Annabel Riley Saxe has arrived!

On March 28th our good friends Jennifer and Nate had their first child, a girl named Annabel Riley Saxe. The timing of her arrival worked out great for me since I was flying back from Mississippi on March 29th and flew in and out of Indy since it was significantly cheaper to do so. Before I headed back to Cincinnati, I was able to stop by the hospital to visit her. I think Annabel decided to come early just so that she could see her Auntie Michelle. She is very cute and arrived weighing 7 pounds and I forget how many ounces.

I used to tease Jennifer that she had no soul, this is because in college whenever we watched a tearjerker movie and everyone else was crying, she wouldn't. I therefore concluded that she had no soul. I am proud to announce that Jennifer does, in fact, have a soul because she said she cried her eyes out when Annabel was born. Congrats to Annabel! You made your mom cry when so many others have failed. Here is a picture of Annabel...isn't she cute??



Here I am with Annabel, she obviously loves her Auntie Michelle. Jennifer's mom made the blanket she is in. Jennifer's mom has been itching for a grandchild pretty much since the day Jennifer and Nate got married and when she found out that Jennifer was pregnant, she immediately began knitting a blanket before they knew the gender of the baby.
My mom was in town and also came to see Annabel. She was surprised at how much nicer the rooms have gotten compared to when she had kids. She is also starting to feel old, I'm sure she'll feel even older when Adam and I start having kids. We're really her only chance at having grand kids anytime soon, I tell her she'll get a granddog before she'll get a grandchild. You can see more Annabel pictures on Jennifer and Nate's new blog via the link from our blog on the right.
Now for the rest of my Mississippi trip. In addition to seeing the double-wide trailer nightclub, I also saw a pack of goats grazing on the side of the highway. I learned two things that day that I didn't know before. First, I didn't know that there was such a thing as wild goats. I guess it makes sense for their to be wild goats, but I never really thought about it. I also didn't know that goats traveled in packs.
The day after I left Adam and some friends when to a festival and while he was there, Adam ate gator. He says it tastes like spice chicken, I'll have to take his word on that because I do not anticipate trying gator.
As for school, I am in my final quarter of grad school. I'm taking one class (corporate strategy) and working on my capstone and an independent study and in 10 weeks I am done!!

1 comment:

Me said...

I once ate fried alligator tail with Leah & Bob. It was delicious! You should give it a whirl. But I don't recommend eating wild goat. I think it would taste baaaa-d.