Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Finally in Delaware!

Daisy and I have been in Delaware for about a week now. It was a pretty uneventful drive from Indy to here. Daisy loved riding in the car with the wind in her hair! Thus far the week has been filled with the normal moving errands: unpacking, setting up new bank accounts, getting internet and cable set up, etc.

We are living in a small town outside of Dover called Harrington. There isn't a lot going on around here, but we're 20 minutes from Dover, 8 miles from a decent size town and 25 minutes from the beach! Our apartments are brand new and we're the first people to live in out unit. Daisy took a few days to get use to all the new noises and was driving me nuts with all her barking, but she's much better now. We're on the first floor so it's much easier to let her in and out to go to the bathroom. One of the other coaches lives here also so him and Adam carpool to work. Other than that there isn't much else to report about the apartment.

For the first few days I was here the weather was overcast and rainy, but this weekend was sunny and beautiful so that means a trip to the beach!! I love the beach, when I lived in California we went to the beach almost every weekend (my parents have 3 kids and going to the beach was cheap) so I've always been a big fan. The only complaint about the beach here is that the water is really cold, but the sand and the boardwalk are great so I think I can manage.

We went to one of the more touristy beaches in the area. On the way to the beach we pass by 3 huge outlet malls. I was good and only stopped into one of them and did have to be dragged out of the Coach outlet by Adam, but he was a good sport at the Ann Taylor one. One of my other favorite things about Delaware is NO SALES TAX! That is one of the reasons that the shopping is so good. People from the neighboring states come to do a lot of shopping here.

After an awesome day at the beach yesterday, today has been filled with boring things like unpacking, ironing (clothes get so wrinkled being packed in boxes for 2 months), and walking Daisy. Our apartment is near a middle and elementary school so we also take her to the fenced in soccer field to play fetch. That dog loves to play fetch!

Now that we have internet, I'll try and do a better job of updating. I was mad I forgot to take my camera to the beach yesterday, but don't worry it won't be my last trip to the beach!

No comments: