Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Getting old

About 3 years ago I found my first gray hair and named it Adam. When I found the 2nd one I named it "the wedding" (I was planning our wedding at the time). Nobody likes finding gray hair, but it's part of life and you color your hair and move on.

Today I was looking at Adam and saw a gray hair on the side of his head and this is how the conversation went:

Michelle: Honey, you have a gray hair right there.
Adam: No, it's a blond hair.
Michelle: No really, it's definitely gray.
Adam: I'm telling you it's blond.
Michelle: Do you want me to pull it out and show you?
Adam: Yeah, show it to me
*Michelle pull the gray hair out and shows it to Adam*
Adam: No, that's a blond hair.
Michelle: It's gray! Let find something black and hold the hair against it.
*We find a black blanket and hold the hair against it*
Michelle: See! It's gray!
*Adam frowns*
Adam: Where are you getting these hairs from?
Michelle: What do you mean? I pulled it out of your head!
Adam: No, you got it from somewhere else....

Apparently not only is Adam never aging, but I have nothing better to do with my time than to find gray hairs and wait for the right moment to pretend that I pulled them from Adam's head. I told him later that he needed to accept that he's becoming an old man and should grow old gracefully.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Sounds like a good case of denial to me! Did he not feel you pluck it out?

Janice said...

My husband has some too....But I think they are clear, not grey. He wont let me pull them out.