Adam came to visit for spring break....Ohio is the new trendy spring break destination! It was great having him back because I have missed him so much!
We really didn't do anything special while he was back, other than go shopping to buy him some new shirts. He just enjoyed being back in a big city and visiting some of his favorite Cincinnati restaurants.
I left Fidelity for a work-study opportunity at the University working in the football office. The job I was doing at Fidelity wasn't for me and I had no chance to continue with the company when I moved to Mississippi so I was staying to earn some money but I wasn't happy there. I do miss all my friends from work though, I had great co-workers! My friend Julie, who used to work for Fidelity, also came to visit this week. We met up with a couple of friends from work who invited another female friend of theirs who ended up making for an interesting night. For privacy reasons, I'll call her Amanda.
We (Adam, Julie and I) met up with our friends at Gameworks for Happy Hour which was fun. Amanda is not a very big person (she likely weights a little more than 100lbs) and she had a few drinks. After Gameworks we went across the street to Arnies and we were having a good time dancing and Amanda said she had to go to the bathroom. She had been gone for awhile so I decided to check on her and I could see her feet in the bathroom stall, I knocked on the door and asked if she was alright and she didn't answer but I could see that she was standing up. Then Julie came in and we knocked again and asked if she was okay. Amanda opened the door, looked at us and calmly said "I'm fine, I was here waiting for you guys." Apparently I had forgotten our plans to meet up in the bathroom stall...how forgetful of me.
Julie and I decided that we needed to take Amanda home so we found our friends and I asked our friend Justin if he could take Amanda to get her car tomorrow because we needed to take her home and Justin said he would. Julie drove so we (Adam, Amanda, Julie and I) get into Julie's car. Amanda had mentioned earlier that the screen on her cell phone is broken so I told her that I would write down Justin's phone number on a piece of paper since she couldn't look up his number on her phone. I wrote down his number and have it to her.
We got out of the parking garage and Julie asked Amanda how to get to her house and Amanda said "hold on, someone wrote the directions here" and she proceeded to unfold the paper I gave to her with Justin's phone number. Apparently this was a sign of things to come. I know Amanda had said before that she lived about 5 minutes from my old office so we headed that way.
To make a very long story short, this girl had no idea where she lived, we kept driving around and she kept saying we're close, but we weren't. The best part was when she insisted that we turn into the White Castle distribution center and Julie says that she doesn't think that is right and Amanda says "I know where I live". I think after driving around Kentucky for 30 minutes we have firmly established that she does not, in fact, know where she lives. Well, Julie does as instructed and turns into the White Castle distribution center and we keep going straight and then the road dead-ends into a hill with a large "stop" sign and a large "dead end" sign. Julie looks at Amanda and Amanda says "that wasn't here earlier".
We finally got her home when I made her give me her drivers license and we stopped at a gas station to ask for directions and look at a map. You will all be happy to know that we finally did get her home safe. After getting her inside her house I decided that the next time Justin invites a friend out, he has to take care of them because I am too old for this.
We also went to visit Adam's mom and dad while he was here. His mom got a new TV that Adam helped move in and his dad got a new car that has a speakerphone when you call as well as a camera in the back. I think Adam especially likes the built-in GPS system and the speakerphone since he spends a lot of time in his car and on the phone for recruiting.
Adam left early today and I'm studying for my final exam next week. Then on Thursday I leave for spring break to visit Adam in Mississippi....the second trendiest spring break destination after Ohio.
I am also excited because my pal Woody is due any day now!! I can't wait to be an Auntie!!
5 comments:
Congrats on the new job Dawg!
That was an awesome story. Imagine me in my cubicle cracking up while I read it, especially the part about White Castle.
Ok, I remember some good nights of drunken fun, but I don't think I've ever forgotten where I lived. That is awesome! Love the story!!!
Woody thought the balcony was the bathroom once and the bath tub her bed. I can't wait to tell her daughter that story some day!
Are we Aunt's yet? Gosh what's taking her so long!
Was that crazy ho's name amanda or did you change it for her protection??? I am reliving it all over again and it is even funnier!!!
Julie--I changed her name for her protection....you know what her name is!
FYI for everyone else--"Amanda" sent me a text message to go out last weekend...I think I'll pass!
Post a Comment