Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake awakening

I go from having nothing to report for a couple of weeks to a couple of things. I was awoken this morning by an earthquake. I woke up and my bed was shaking (it was about 5:45am) and in my sleepy state I thought that my neighbors must have been stomping/jumping on the floor or something. I never fully woke up but I remember thinking that if I turned to lay on my stomach that would help. When I did that, the bed stopped shaking and I went back to sleep and woke up a little while later. Lucky for my magic earthquake powers.

When I had finally gotten up, I actually though it was a dream, but then I turned on the news and there was, in fact, an earthquake. It was actually near Evansville, IN but the tremors were felt in Cincinnati. There wasn't any damage (I saw on the news that Louisville had some) and nobody was hurt. It's been awhile since I've been in an earthquake, I don't think I've been in one since I lived in California in the 80's. I really only remember one earthquake, all the others I slept through.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Welcome to the world of California. I should tell you the story about how we had an earthquake one night and Marc stood in the middle of the family room in a surfing stance, yelling "What do I do, what do I do?" It's best told in person so remind me in May. (We booked our flights today, we will be in Indy May 25-28)