Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Daisy's Mom

My good friend Jennifer wrote on her blog that since having her beautiful baby girl Annabel, that she has a new identity: Annabel's mom. I have come to find that to be true of me, I am Daisy's mom. It should be no shock that kids like puppies and there are a lot of kids in our neighborhood. Daisy plays with them everyday, she chases them around, they play ball with her, etc. This is great for me because Daisy gets exercise, I don't have to do the running, and she socializes.

When we go out walking it's always "there's Daisy", "can Daisy play ball with us", "can Daisy play". You could offer them a million dollars and they probably couldn't tell you my name. Even Adam clarifies himself to our neighbors as "Daisy's daddy". The pro is that she has made it easier to meet new people, too bad they are all children and the elderly (one elderly lady has a Pomeranian that Daisy plays with).

Daisy has done well with her house breaking and doesn't chew a lot, but she's really bad with biting and has recently shown food agression. I'm hoping she will grow out of the biting (puppies like to bite because they are cutting teeth) once her adult teeth come in, but we are still working on teaching her that play time and petting will stop when she does that. I'm handing the food agression by hand feeding her and putting my hand in her food dish as I do so to teach her that it is a good thing to have people around while she eats. This has seemed to help. The Vet says she is too little for obedience school so it's still all me. My last dog, Madison, was never food agressive (my dog before her, Ginger was) but she chewed A LOT as a puppy.

No comments: