As for Daisy, she is getting much better with her food aggression, we have both been working with her and she hasn't growled or snapped when we got near her food or took a treat away in over a week. We'll keep working with her, but she seems to be learning quickly. Daisy's "friends" have now started knocking on my door to see if Daisy can play....nobody has asked if I would like to come out and play.
Now it is time to report "Things you see in Mississippi that you don't see up north", I know everyone is excited (Janice, be ready you may encounter some of the following soon).
First up is an armadillo. I've heard of them, I've seen pictures, but I have never seen one in person....until now. I was walking down the street from the stadium to the Head Football Coach's house on campus when I see an armadillo. Never in the first 29 years of my life have I ever walked down the street and saw an armadillo. I actually think this one might be dead, but still I have never seen an armadillo even a dead one.
Next, everyone has been to a football game at some level and they all have marching band performances at half-time. In the south, they have marching band routines as well, but down here the routines are FAR different than they are up north. As this video demonstrates, it is necessary that the band stretch before their routine to prevent injury. Not really the case up north.
Now, you may be wondering what their routine entails that requires stretching. Well, the video below is just a sample of what goes on. The people up front with the hats are the Drum Majors, which (at least at Indiana and Cincinnati) stand on the ladders and direct the band....and that's it. The Drum Majors down here have a lot more responsibility as you can see.
2 comments:
That ain't no Marching 100! Marc said that was some good calestenics!
I think it's safe to assume that armadillo was indeed dead. Too bad, he could have been Daisy's new friend.
Tough loss for IU this weekend! We actually got it on TV out in these parts.
I saw an armadillo on the side of the road and it looked just like the ones in the cartoons! I'll let you know when I come across one up close!!!
Post a Comment