Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 8, 2008

Tough week for my favorite football teams

It was a tough week for my favorite football teams. Adam's team lost a tough game against Grambling State. He was disappointed but hope to bounce back next week. They have a tough game against a D-1 team, Troy State. Cincinnati also lost to Oklahoma. I was hoping to watch the game on ABC, but instead I had to watch the 'Ol Miss game. Finally, the Colts lost their first game of the season against the Bears:( Luckily the Hoosiers won so all was not lost!

Daisy has been getting into football season as well! She can out run any defensive back, unless they have treats in their pockets!





We have thought about changing Daisy's name to "Money Pit" because there seems to be a different issue every week (thankfully they're minor problems) that she needs treatment for. We adopted her from the local humane society and when we adopted Daisy, she had some fleas which was taken care of with some drops. Well, the fleas she had carried tapeworm larvae, so she then got tapeworm which only required 1 pill to take care off. After that Adam and I noticed that she was loosing fur in patches around her paws and had some crust developing on 1 ear. I again took her back to the vet where he said the crust was mange and that the treatment is a dip once a week for 4 weeks, and that the hair loss on her paws is a fungus. Both of which she likely caught at the shelter since it can take a couple of weeks for symptoms to develop. The treatment for the fungus is these drops I put on her everyday for a week. The hard part is that it takes 10 minutes to dry, it's not easy to keep a dog from licking its paws for 10 minutes after you've put medicine all over it! Tomorrow she goes back for another dip and a second round of shots! We are lucky though, that these are all minor and very treatable conditions and nothing more serious.

I forgot to post these videos from Adam's first game of the season. These are two videos of the marching band...yes, the marching band. The marching bands here at the Historically Black colleges, like Alcorn, are nothing like any of the marching bands I've seen before. I didn't video their opening number, but it was even more crazy than the ones I did get. Here they are below, keep in mind that the people in the yellow uniforms are the Drum Majors, which up north, stand on podiums and direct the band.



There is another video that isn't loading right so I'll add it on a later post.



A couple of the coaches Adam works with came over for dinner last night and to watch the Colts game. It was fun having people over and Daisy was very excited to have new people around. When we first got her, she was scared of people. If people were walking towards us, she would try to run the other direction. We took a week to focus on socializing her with people and other dog and it was worth the effort because now she LOVES people. We have never had people over to the apartment so I wasn't sure how she would react to that, but she was loved having extra people around to pet her. Both Dino and Zach, the coaches, have dogs of their own so they were good first guests for Daisy.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Welcome to my life...we refer to Homer as our 401K because that's about how much we have invested in him.

Michelle Shorter said...

I was thinking about Homer as I was writing the post! I know you must spend a fortune on all his drama. Good thing they are so cute!